Empowered by God's love and use for chocolate teapots like me!

Monday 29 October 2012

Pride

Very proud people stick out in a crowd right?

Spent some time reflecting on what it means to be prideful. I worry all the time about what others think how what I do will be perceived. But who am I to think I am on their thought radar?

They probably haven't given me a second thought at that moment but my pride puts me top of their thought list in my strange world.

Instead of focusing on God and what he's doing through me, on helping others to see God through me, I get stuck thinking about me about my own inadequacies instead of Gods strengths of my own failings instead of Gods achievements. That is pride. Putting me before God. Thinking what I do and who I am matters so much more than it does to others. 

So instead of being negative and self destructive I need to focus on God more, repent for my pride and move forwards positivly.

No comments:

Post a Comment